npr vs. fox news November 12, 2007Posted by KG in arts/culture, film, hip-hop, media, music, news, politics, sports, television.
Tags: conservative, fox, fox news, liberal, mtv, poll, zogby
Not surprisingly, a new Norman Lear Center/Zogby poll reveals that America’s entertainment tastes are as polarized as our political views.
A few of the findings:
- Liberals were much more likely than conservatives to listen to commentary and entertainment with which they disagreed philosophically.
- Fox News wins the prize for the most politically divisive TV channel (70% of conservatives watch it daily and only 3% of liberals).
- Over 82% of conservatives say they never watch MTV.
- Cerebral material like documentaries and arts and educational programming all appeal more to liberals… Conservative viewers are more likely to watch action-adventure, sports, and business programming.
- Conservatives are the least likely group to listen to jazz and reggae… Liberals, on the other hand, are more likely than other respondents to enjoy almost every music genre.